Saturday, December 15, 2018

Just John??

My name is John Cobb.
I've always been an unremarkable individual.
I know it.
In fact my nicknames are Regular John, Just John, and Plain Cobb. 
My father is a world renowned inventor. That's funny because my mother, who's a world record holder for her vegetables, says he couldn't put batteries in a flashlight before they adopted me.
Well like I said I'm pretty plain. I've never been an athlete, though I was the "Manager" for our undefeated basketball and football teams in high school. The only teams in our school's history to have back to back undefeated seasons.
People always wonder about the Just John, Regular John thing. Well, I was one of five kids named John in my class.
I suppose things could have been worse.
I could have been Dirty John, Stupid John, or Poor Cobb.
Anyway, I believed all my life that I was just a regular guy.
Compared to all of the people around me, I've been a champion of mediocrity. I mean seriously my older sister was Miss Mississippi. My younger sister was an all state gymnast. 
All my life I belived that the people around me where simply better at everything than I was . Until one day I was watching my favorite NFL team on the big screen at Hooters. One of the running backs broke 5 tackles 5! In my seat at the sports bar I yelled out "That dude anit human! Straight up that dude is not a human being!" Well the running back scores the touchdown, takes off his helmet, looks straight into the camera and says. "Neither are you just John!" A day later I receive tickets to my teams next game

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abduction

It's hot in here.  Stifling. Suffocating. Dark.  Almost hope they come beat me again, just so that I can get out of the trunk.  They do....