Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Missed Signals

We were smoking marijuana together. 
Only knew her through her brother. 
Who was also on the L. 
Slow R &B is playing in the background. 
She and I are having a private conversation. 
Her brother has to be called across the room to hit the blunt. He's ignoring us.
His Girlfriend is there. 
In fact her presence is the only reason my friend and I are there. He sneaks to his sister’s house to meet up with her. 
Has a wife. 
Isn’t my business. 
I’m pretty high by this point. Conversation turns to the playlist.  
It's mine. 
At the time I was a walking talking party. 
Had music in my playlist that would be fitting at any and all events. 
Tonight it was all about the “Nasty Music” that was literally the name of the list. 
It was my go to “Panty Dropper compilation at the time. 
Don’t remember why I was playing it. 
It was working though. 
My friends sister got heavy on innuendo, that went completely over my head. Hints as she blows me a “Shotgun.” 
Our lips touch. 
Starts to throw indicators that we should change venue. 
Finally asking repeatedly if I had a specific song… “Step into my Room.”  
Literally told her I had heard of “Meeting in by Bedroom.” 
But not that one. 
Yeah. 
Missed it.
Actually looked for the song. Didn’t occur to me until I was on the Subway home. 
Called back.
It was too late. 
Her boyfriend had been invited over.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Abduction

It's hot in here.  Stifling. Suffocating. Dark.  Almost hope they come beat me again, just so that I can get out of the trunk.  They do....